About the Campaign
What we love about this project:
- The program’s ‘Discovery Education’ promotes experiential understanding. This approach assists the community to tap into and remember traditional knowledge rather than operating in a culturally imperialistic manner
- It puts health in the hands of the people!
- The Yolngu are being trained to be their own health educators and ambassadors.
- It’s hands-on and includes skill development through cooking classes and workshops.
- Traditional Foods are valued. Hope for Health hopes to find ways to make traditional foods available through the local store